Sunday, June 15, 2008

Greg's First Father's Day & the Kids' Baptism

Grandma Sandy and Evan
Kids dressed in their Baptism outfits & 3 generations of Rau's












Leah with Nana and Papa & Rau family at church
Sunday was a big day for the Rau family. It was Greg's first Father's Day and Evan and Leah were Baptized. For Father's Day, I made Greg a calendar with pictures of the kids. Many of you have seen the calendar through Shutterfly. I was pretty exhausted getting that gift together. I took over 200 pictures of the kids in a day and a half to put in this calendar and included other pix. we already had. I dressed the kids up in different outfits (thanks to Papa and Nana for supplying their costumes/accessories from their Lip-Sych collection). It was quite tiring changing the kids outfits then transferring one to the spot where I was going to take the pix. and then go back and get the other one and then trying to get both to look at me at the same time........augh! What a workout. Many wrote back that February was their favorite. So, I have added that pix. to the blog.
The calendar didn't arrive for Father's Day, so I had to show Greg on the computer. He had to leave at 6:50 this Monday morning to go to Colorado (Mon.-Thurs.), so I didn't want to make him wait until then to see it. He thought it was so cute and told me he was thinking of making one for me for my upcoming birthday. I also made him another gift. My mom and I took the kids' hands, dipped them in black paint and put their handprints on nice cardstock. I also included a poem about Dads in the middle and placed it all in a black frame. He loved that as well. We had my family and Greg's family over to celebrate Father's Day as well as the kids' Baptism. A lot of family went to church to watch this wonderful event. The kids received many wonderful gifts: an awesome wagon from Nana and Papa, beautiful keepsake boxes from Grandma Sandy and Grandpa Jim, engraved crosses with phrases and little pix. frames from Great Grandma and Papa Billington & Great Aunt Connie and Uncle Tom, books from Aunt Sarah, a First Bible and some little books from Aunt Mandy and Uncle Mike, pix. frames with little children praying from my Aunt Bonnie and family, as well as monetary gifts from Greg's grandmothers. Thank you to everyone for the gifts and for celebrating this day with us. The picture I took of Greg and the kids for Father's Day will be posted later. (Greg took the camera with him to Colorado before I could download that pix. He said he needs it to take pix. of the mountains and when he goes white water rafting. Sounds like "work" to me! What a rough job.)




2 comments:

Mashel said...

Hi, I found your blog browsing through various twin blogs. I also have boy/girl twins that are now 7 months old. Your babies are gorgous and it is fun to see all the pictures of them. Feel free to check out my blog too.

Mashel said...

I will take you off my list, although that is for me to be able to find the blogs that I like quickly. You need to make your blog by invitation only then, because anyone can find it just by searching. I also found it through someone elses links, so.... I am sorry you don't want anyone to see your blog, maybe blogging isn't right for you then, because that is kind of what it is about. You can change your settings so only people you invite can view it. Don't worry, I won't look at it anymore either, I found your comment very rude.