Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Cookies

This is pretty good
Here are our cookies!
Mom and the babes
Actually got everyone smiling!
I knew this year was going to be a little more difficult decorating Christmas Cookies due to the fact that both kids are wanting to be more independent and do things THEIR way! We had them sit up on the counter and I let them pour in the ingredients; which they did very well. I did the food coloring for the dough (hands are still stained a little ;) ) and then let them roll out the dough with the rolling pin. They loved doing this. They liked picking out their cookie cutters. Sometimes the cut-outs would overlap, but we fixed them. Leah impressed me as we were making candy cane shaped cookies. I had her roll the dough with the palm of her hand to make the one strand and she did a great job of keeping the dough in a log shape. However, when attempting to have Evan do the same, he just rolled and pressed the dough into the table.
The wonderful "independence of a toddler" came when it was time to use the sprinkles! Evan kept telling Greg, "No, no Daddy. I do it." Finally, we compromised on pouring the sprinkles into their hands and letting them then put it on the cookies. We all enjoyed a cookie as we watched some snow fall outside. What fun and great memories!

No comments: