Friday, February 12, 2010

Big Girl Bed

Goodbye old bed, hello new bed.

Leah decided right before bedtime last night, that she was ready for her big girl bed. So, Greg went downstairs and got the bedrail. She was so excited, she was squealing and galloping down the hallway to her room. Once Greg had it up, Leah jumped into her bed and had a huge smile on her face.

Now, if you remember, we have tried this before when we put Evan's rail up for his big boy bed and Leah didn't want her bed to change, so we left hers alone. We have been asking her periodically since then if she wanted a bed like Evan's and her reply was always, "No!"


Evan was very excited for Leah last night and pointed out to Greg and I that, "Sissy's bed like Bubby's!" He wanted in on the new bed as well and jumped up in there with Leah. Of course, Leah sprawled out once it was time to lay down and sleep and basically kicked Evan out. She did a great job sleeping last night (I was worried we would have issues once it was time to go to sleep or in the middle of the night if she woke up, she would be confused, etc.)


I am so glad I don't have to lean far over into the bed anymore just to give them a good night kiss! I felt like I was going to fall in a couple of times :)

2 comments:

brooke said...

YEAHHHH LEAH! They are growing up so fast!

Aunt Mandy said...

Oh how exciting!! That is awesome. I see that she still likes to keep a stash of toys in bed with her :)