Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bennett Springs 2010





Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Bennett Springs 2010
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo slideshow personalized with Smilebox

Every year, Greg's extended family all meet up in Bennett Springs, MO (right outside of Lebanon) for a week of fishing. This is the kids third time going. The first year, Evan cut his first tooth, last year they stayed in the lodge/house for most of the time, but this year, we actually got them using their rod and reel to catch a fish at the stream. They had a great time feeding the fish at the hatchery, playing on the playground, swimming, and reeling in their empty hooks.

Leah had her first real "going underwater experience." She went under last year due to her foot slipping in the kiddie pool, but this year, her Uncle J.B. took her right under the water with him. To my surprise, she was fine afterwards. Evan did not like the pool and sat off the side. We were lucky to even get his feet wet that first time by the water!

Leah has earned a new nickname by Greg- "River Rat." Uncle J.B. took her down into the river and she LOVED walking around with him and watching Wrangler chase a frisbee. Evan surprised us all by deciding he wanted to wade into the water as well. He did end up getting into the inside pool by the last full day there (only up to his knees, but I was proud).

My "nephew" Wrangler, was a hoot to watch by the pool. He wanted to get in so badly, but doesn't like water where he can't touch. So he would end up running really fast around the pool and then whimper on the edge and reach as far as he could with his mouth to reach a toy. He ended up getting in the pool to chase after his toy, but ended up scratching J.B. pretty bad on his chest.

I am pretty sure that the few fish I caught were bigger than Greg's. All joking aside, I enjoyed my time again. I especially enjoy the time with just Greg and I fishing together in the early morning. I can't wait till Evan and Leah enjoy fishing as much as the rest of the Rau family does. Next year should be a little better and hopefully they will experience a fish on the end of their pole.

No comments: