Tuesday, September 1, 2009

School Time

So, this morning I tried my best to hype up going to "school." The kids loved carrying their lunchboxes around the house before we left. Poor Leah couldn't even stand up with her backpack it was so big. Pink's song, "Please Don't Leave Me" was the last song we heard before we got out of the car to go into school. How ironic is that?! We walked into the church and down the hall to their room. I tried to get them all excited to play with the toys on the ground, but they didn't do anything except cling to my side. I was talking to one of the teachers and noticed Evan running out the door. As I am chasing him down the hallway, Leah is running after me like, "What's going on?" I got them both to sit on my lap, sort of. Evan was pretty much wallering on the floor and crying and then Leah started to cry after another boy was parting from his mom and crying himself. I ended up being able to leave and did okay emotionally until I left Greg a phone message of how it all went. I did break down into tears for a minute as I told him on the phone, "I just don't want them to be sad!" My mother-in-law was there to pick up the kids as I had a doctor's visit. She said the teacher report was good and the teacher said she the kids did very well for their first day. They cried a little bit here and there, but participated in activities, ate lunch, and went down for a nap on the floor (which I was worried about- they have never taken a nap on the floor before) with no problem. So, one day down and many more to go. It was nice having my friends there for me today. We went to the gym and went to Panera for lunch. Hopefully next week will go well.

Going into school
I'm ready to go Mom!
I think I am ready Mom.
At least we have each other!






3 comments:

jacngt said...

Way to go Leah & Evan (and mommy!)!!! It'll get easier.

Jenn said...

Yay! That's awesome. I totally need to do something like this.

D & B said...

How exciting! They look so grown up with their school gear! Glad to hear everyone made it through the first day!