Monday, October 26, 2009

Making our Jack-O-Lantern






Saturday night we let the kids help us scoop out the seeds from our pumpkin and play in the gooey stuff. They both were unsure about touching it. It took Leah a good 5-10 minutes before she would touch it. (which is crazy because she LOVES getting her hands slimy and messy)


We also let the kids draw on their little pumpkins with marker. They both loved doing that as well.


This year, I decided I wanted to make a new tradition of carving our pumpkin and making/eating pumpkin pie. Why not if you make cookies, etc. when putting up Christmas Decor.

This pie was not homemade though. I tried it in the past and it didn't turn out so well/tasty! So, we will just stick to canned pumpkin. Evan and Leah loved helping me stir in the last of the ingredients. They love pumpkin pie just like their mommy!

2 comments:

jacngt said...

Great job on the pumpkins! An hey, if you mixed stuff together and put it in the oven, it is homemade in my book.

D & B said...

I agree with Jackie! It's homemade in my book too! Hope your pics went well Sunday- I thought of you guys @ 9:30!