Sunday, November 7, 2010

Leah-My Prima Ballerina


We signed Leah up for her first dance class with her third cousins-Mia and Maddy. They had their first class a couple of weeks ago. I got a little teary-eyed putting her leotard and tights on-thinking back to my dance days. I started dance class when I was about 4 years old and continued (minored in dance) through college. I always said no matter what, when and if I ever had a daughter, she would have to take dance at least once.
Both of my kids were overly tired that afternoon and fell asleep on the way there (about 6:00 pm). Luckily, my cousin, Keith, helped me carry Evan in-who was dead weight and I scurried Leah into class. She did a fantastic job listening and copying the teacher. I was so proud of her!! She had a blast and when asked afterwards what she thought of it all, she said she loved it. She showed me how they did a posse (touching her foot to her knee). Then she said they did a move; which she has called "stinky feet." (putting the soles of your feet together while sitting down and then bending over and putting your nose to your feet.) Too funny.

No comments: