Looking through the aquarium at each other.



The last couple of years, Greg and I have had to be in the pictures with Santa and the kids because they were afraid. This year, I decided to take the kids back to Bass Pro for another try. Hoping this would be the year where I get a great picture of them on Santa's lap. We got there, walked in and watched a couple of kids sit on Santa's lap. The line was short, so we asked if Evan and Leah wanted to get their pictures taken with Santa. With a quick and loud, "NO!" we decided to play with a train set, nerf BB guns, etc. they had for kids to play in the Winter Wonderland area. After a 1/2 hour, the answer was still a firm NO!
We sampled some fudge, looked at some deer and the fish in the aquarium and then Leah looked up at Greg and said, "Okay Dad, I am ready to get my picture taken with Santa!" Low and behold, they waited in line with no whining or crying, they walked right up to Santa. They still didn't sit on his lap, but I am so proud of them for standing next to him without crying or totally refusing.
I already packed the picture away for next year, so I can't scan it and upload it, but both of their faces said-"I'm here, let's get this over with!" But still cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment