

Now that the basement has been finished since December, and the office furniture has been set up downstairs, we decided to let Evan and Leah should have their own rooms. Leah has been requesting a pink/purple room with Princess decor. Evan, just wanted a blue room.
His decor requests have changed from Dinosaurs to Trains to something else I can't remember. I think we are going with a sport theme though. A couple of Saturdays ago, Greg had gone to the hockey game with some friends. I got a crazy idea that I would go ahead and try painting the room with the help of two 3 year olds. What was I thinking?
Actually, they did pretty well. No paint bucket spill or drips on the carpet. They started off painting in Greg's old shirts, but kept tripping over them, so down to overnight pull-ups they went. So, Evan's room is khaki on the bottom, we will be putting up white chair rail in the middle of the wall and then the top color is called 'Washed denim.'
His decor requests have changed from Dinosaurs to Trains to something else I can't remember. I think we are going with a sport theme though. A couple of Saturdays ago, Greg had gone to the hockey game with some friends. I got a crazy idea that I would go ahead and try painting the room with the help of two 3 year olds. What was I thinking?
Actually, they did pretty well. No paint bucket spill or drips on the carpet. They started off painting in Greg's old shirts, but kept tripping over them, so down to overnight pull-ups they went. So, Evan's room is khaki on the bottom, we will be putting up white chair rail in the middle of the wall and then the top color is called 'Washed denim.'

(the blank spot will be a big khaki color in the background with white trim around it and will have framed pictures inside)I had Greg's help this past weekend in painting Leah's room. The color of her room is 'Lilac Tan.' Between a tan/pink/purple color. The kids helped a little, but Greg said pretty quickly, "I don't know how you did this with them!"

They have been sleeping in their new rooms for 4 nights now and it's gone pretty well. Leah still doesn't want to stay in her room. Despite the fact that she promised Greg and I that once her room was painted the way she wanted, she would stay in her room and not come out of it when first going to bed or in the middle of the night. Ha! Now her excuse is she needs decorations like Princesses or Ballerinas and she will stay in her room. We shall see....




No comments:
Post a Comment