Saturday, we went over to my friend, Jennifer's house for our first BBQ of the weekend. We had a great time. Jennifer's oldest daughter, Alanna, was a great help in watching the babies while we were there. Sunday afternoon, Greg and I went to buy some shrubs, while his mom watched the babies for us. Later that afternoon, we went over to our friends', Kyle and Rachel's house for our second BBQ. We saw their twins, little Blake and Drew (glad Drew is home from the hospital). Our kids look like giants next to
them! Monday, my cousin Keith and his wife, Jing, came over with their twins: Mia and Maddie. They are now 14 months old and Maddie is doing great walking. We played and watched the kids interact for awhile. I was telling Keith and Jing that Leah has been sleeping unswaddled all the way through the night for the past 2-3 nights. I also was telling them that she is starting to really lift her pelvis off of the floor (trying to get onto her knees). As I was telling them this, she actually pushed off of her toes and ended up getting to her knees/lifting her leg off the floor. Before I know it, she will be moving right across the floor.
I will be trying to post the video of her attempting this at a later time.
“You are the strength, that keeps me walking. You are the hope, that keeps me trusting. You are the life, into my soul. You are my purpose, you’re everything.” -Lyrics from Lifehouse “Everything”
Monday, May 26, 2008
Our Memorial Day Weekend
Our Memorial Day Weekend started with Greg taking off Thursday to help me take the kids to their 6 month check-up. Leah and Evan are both in the 90-95th %tile for length and weight (yeah Leah for getting BACK ON the charts for weight!!). They, of course, screamed bloody murder while getting their shots, but recovered quickly. Greg also took off Friday and decided to do landscaping in our backyard around the patio and down the backside of the house. (He did a little bit here and there all the way until noon on Monday.) He did a great job. We still need to plant a couple more shrubs and lay the rest of the rock down.
(This is only part of what Greg worked on all weekend. Doesn't look like much, but if you click on the pix. it can enlarge and you can see the flowers on the shrub.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a busy weekend, but it sounds like they did well.
I love the pics! It looks like you planned the photo..."okay both of you on the right put your fingers in your mouth, and both of you on the left make stunned looks on your face"...funny stuff.
Greg did a great job with the landscaping!
Alicia,
I love the pictures!
Evan and Leah are getting sooooooo big! They are precious! Greg's landscaping looks beautiful! I hope that we can get together while we are in town!
Dale, Jennifer, Addelynn, and Alexander
Post a Comment