Our poor little Evan has developed Erythoma Multiforme (an allergic reaction to Augmentin and Amoxicillan; which he was on to help with his two ear infections he has had in the last 5 weeks). Saturday night, we went over to Jackie and Greg's house for dinner and had placed our pack-n-play outside, but the kids never went in it nor did they go outside. We brought it in the house about an hour later and put the kids down for the night (Leah slept in Peyton's pack-n-play and Evan in the one that was outside earlier). Sunday morning, Greg noticed while changing Evan's diaper, that Evan had a rash forming all over his body. I, of course, freaked out immediately. We thought at first it was maybe bug bites from bugs possibly being in the pack-n-play from being outside, but figured we would call the doctor's exchange number to be on the safe side. They said it was sounding like he was allergic to the meds. he was taking for his ear infections (which he has been on the Augmentin for 6 days and nothing like this happened earlier when taking it). As the day progressed, the rash got worse and he became more irritable. The rash was EVERYWHERE! On his back, neck, ears, stomach, diaper area, under his armpits, on his thighs, arms....poor baby! So, I called the exchange again and then talked to the doctor later who suggested I stop giving him the meds. for the day and give it to him Monday morning and then call him later Mon. afternoon. After many hours of Evan being soooooooooo uncomfortable and not being able to sleep, we ended up calling the exchange again. So at 3 am, Greg made a trip to Walgreens for some Benadryl. This morning, the spots are clearing up a bit. They are turning white in the middle and where there is a mass of spots, his skin was turning blue. This morning I took him to the doctor and he is definitely allergic to the meds. The doctor said he should be better by Wed. Until then, it just breaks my heart break that he is covered with this rash.
1 comment:
Alicia,
Awwwwwwww, poor Evan and poor mommy! I was so sad when I saw the pictures. That little guy must be miserable! I am surprised with as much as he has been on that medicine that it is just now showing up... So sorry to hear! I hope that Evan gets to feeling better soon so that you all can take it easy and get some rest.
Jennifer
Post a Comment