On the twins actual birthday, we took them to the St. Louis Zoo. We couldn't pass up doing something outside with this beautiful weather we have had in NOVEMBER!! The kids woke up, played with some of their new toys and we were off to the zoo. The last time we took them to the zoo, they were only 4 or 5 months old. This time, they were pointing at the animals and making noises as if to say, "Look at the elephant Mommy!" Much more fun! Greg and I bought passes to ride the train, the carousel and to go into the Children's Zoo. The kids loved the train, but were not to sure about the carousel. Most of the time, they wanted to get out of the stroller and walk around. When they did get out to walk, all they wanted to do was pick up the leaves off of the ground! Before we left, we bought Evan a monkey (yet to be named) and Leah a giraffe (which Greg has named, Jaffy) for their birthdays.
Side note I have to mention- The day prior to their actual birthday, we had their b-day party with family. I guess in all of the chaos of Leah getting upset about everyone singing, "Happy Birthday," I got flustered and didn't record any of the "birthday cake experience." (I thought I did....I was holding the video camera and thought I had pressed record, but later on that night, I realized as I was watching some footage....I didn't record any of it!) So, after getting all teary-eyed about it that night, Greg promised we could have them tear into some cupcakes on their actual birthday.
So, after a long day outside at the zoo, the kids took a nap when we got home and then it was time to sing "Happy Birthday" to them and see them dive into the cupcakes. Leah cried again after we sang to them! This time she was a little more easy to calm down. She did end up tearing the cupcake apart and smashing it into her face (and a little up the nose). Evan was no where near as messy as Leah, but did tear his apart as well.
I was so happy to get all of this recorded. I can't believe my two are now a year old. The time has flown by and although it's been VERY challenging at time having twins, it's been an exciting year and wonderful experience Greg and I wouldn't trade for the world! Happy Birthday to Evan and Leah!!! We love you both so very very much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment