Saturday, December 6, 2008

Breakfast With Santa

Angel? (most of the time, but not today!)
Rau's with Santa
Evan helping Mommy make his ornament
Kids picture with Santa....what a classic picture with Santa
Leah sticking her head through Christmas Tree cut-out
Leah eating a cookie from Mrs. Claus
Evan shaking Mr. Snowman's hand

On Saturday, we took the kids to see Santa. We belong to the Mother of Twins Club and every year they have a Breakfast with Santa. Last year we were excited to go, but it had snowed quite a bit the night before and the kids were only a month and a half old at the time, so we decided not to venture out in the messy weather. However, this year we were able to go and meet up with some of our friends, the Laramies and the Mulligans at the breakfast. The day didn't go quite as planned. Here is the list of things that didn't go as planned: Leah didn't nap, Evan was still sleepy (had to be woken up to get in the car to go), Evan got upset when I didn't give him anymore of my food at breakfast (this little one can EAT! He already had breakfast a couple of hours earlier), Evan upset when we had to change his diaper, Evan upset because I had to pry his fingers open when he took a fistful of "reindeer food" (which consisted of seeds, glitter and ?)...he was trying to eat it!, Evan upset because I won't let him play on the stairs and on the stage where people are trying to get pictures with Santa, both kids upset when they met Santa, (and teething and colds were also part of the crabiness). Do you see a trend here with EVAN? I know that alot of parents have been through a child having a temper tantrum in public, but this was my first big temper tantrum from one of the kids and I was so embarassed! Besides all of the things that didn't go as planned, I did come away with some good memories...making ornaments with my kids, watching Evan shake hands with a blow-up snowman, and seeing Leah stick her head in the Christmas Tree cut-out. Hopefully next year will be better with the behavior. As for a great picture with Santa, I know it could be awhile.


2 comments:

Aunt Mandy said...

I love their outfits.
Although your day didn't go as planned, I am glad you enjoyed it!!

D & B said...

I love the pic with Santa! We had fun and it was good to see you guys, wished it could've been more relaxing for you guys! I am sure we'll be in the same boat when the boys are mobile!