Sunday, April 5, 2009

First Easter Egg Hunt





This past Saturday, our church had an Easter Egg Hunt. Prior to the hunt, they had some musical entertainment, arts and crafts, games and refreshments. We had a great time making some crafts (or partially finishing them-gotta do it fast because the kids lose interest). As all of the kids were divided into categories by age and given the "Okay" to go hunt for eggs, I got so excited to see what Evan and Leah would do. I pictured them running and scooping up so many eggs and placing them in their baskets. NO. Not my kids. What did my kids do? They picked up one egg and put it in their baskets. Evan picked up his second egg and immediately threw it back on the ground. Leah ran over to a picnic table and wanted to climb on it. Then Evan decides he wants to check out the church's air conditioning system and a rubber hose laying on the ground. So, Greg and I ended up scooping up some eggs for them. They both loved playing with the stickers they received in some of the eggs. Greg and I enjoyed some of the candy. I love this picture of the kids sitting on an old pew inside. It's from the 1800's. Too neat!

1 comment:

D & B said...

Maybe next year they will be more into the hunt and less into the air conditioning units! Too funny!