Evan and Leah are now 17 months old. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. The latest on the two: Leah is now saying, "Hi" and tries to say "cookies," but it's "cooka-cooka" (something to that effect). She always tries to unzip and take her jacket off herself when we come in from being outside. Leah had another tooth come in yesterday. So, that makes 6 teeth total. (They are coming in slowly). Evan has had a total of 8 teeth for quite awhile now. Greg and I both think their molars will be coming in shortly. Evan can climb up onto the couch himself and is very proud each and every time he makes it up there. They both have amazing receptive language skills. I can ask them to go get things and they will get the right item 99% of the time. The hardest thing for them both at this time is weaning them off of the pacifier (Leah more than Evan) and not taking their Blankies everywhere we go. If I take Evan out to the car first, Leah will be waiting at the door with her Blankie in hand and pacifier in mouth. It's going to be a hard habit to break. This past week, we have been taking their pacifiers out of their mouth when they wake up and then we hide them. "Out of site, ALMOST out of mind!" We have had to change our hiding spots a couple of times.
No comments:
Post a Comment