
So, on Tuesday the kids usually go to a Mother's Day Out Program at a church and I enjoy my day (well, most Tuesdays are filled with going to the grocery store and running errands- not my ideal of enjoying the day). Yesterday was the first time I had just one child go to school and one have to stay out for the day. Poor Leah is at the tail end of her virus and has had wonderful diapers for Mommy. She had two diarrhea diapers before we even left the house and then one when we got to school. So, needless to say, she had been asked to stay out for the day. This was probably the longest they have been away from one another (6 hours). I was pleasantly surprised to not get a phone call asking me to pick up Evan due to him being upset because when we left, he was on the floor sobbing.
I realized while we were at school, that I didn't have any wipes with me, but I luckily had diapers in her backpack. Our first stop was Target and wouldn't you know it, while going inside she had another dirty diaper! I stocked up on wipes (and will now leave a pack in the car), etc. and we ran to a couple other places.
Throughout the entire day she asked about Evan and said, "Miss Bubby." Bless her heart.
She was very excited to pick up Evan and ran into the building. The teacher informed me that Evan settled down rather quickly after we left and he did ask about Leah periodically throughout the day, but did well being apart from her. As we were walking to the car, I asked Evan if he missed Sissy and he said, "I miss you, Weah!"
That was too cute, but not what melted my heart. What pulled at my heartstrings was when we were home and I was inside, the kids outside painting in the backyard, and I overheard Evan say to Leah, "Weah, I miss you!" Totally not prompted to say anything to her.
They say that most twins are pretty close. They do have their moments of fighting, but absolutely love being with one another. Best Friends!
1 comment:
So cute! Glad you all are on the mend!
Post a Comment