
This week Evan and Leah had their first day of a new "school" year at Mom's Day Out. They are now in the 3 year old room. Evan did not like the change at all-go figure. Leah did well- as expected. Little hard on me because their teacher from the 2 year classroom knew the routine of me dropping Evan off and the new teacher didn't. He gives me multiple kisses and I tell him I will be back at the end of the day, etc. and his previous teacher knew not to just grab Evan from me-only makes him more upset.
Well, the first thing the new teacher did, was grab him away from me and told me to not stick around because it only makes things worse. (I wasn't even there, but for 3 minutes! What mother just drops them off without giving a hug/kiss to their kids and telling them to have a great day?) I told her that I use to be a school teacher and I totally understand where she was coming from with not staying long- and I agree, but I needed to make him feel more comfortable with being in a new setting and with a new teacher. So, she let him give me a kiss and then proceeded to take him from me again.
I did stand out in the hallway for a couple of minutes talking to another teacher and he had already calmed down within 5 minutes of me leaving. Let's hope this school year is better.
1 comment:
Good lord they are little! She needs to back off! They look precious!
Post a Comment