| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
For Evan and Leah's 2nd birthday, we went with a bug-themed party because they love bugs. I had fun decorating for the party, but it was a lot of work! I made bumblebee and ladybug cupcakes, we had bowtie pasta (butterfly wings), ladybug fruit kabobs, butterfly crackers, "ants on a log" and Bug juice (soda and lemonade). I decorated the bathrooms with big spiders and spiderwebs. The living room was decorated with tissue paper flowers that I made, some plastic bugs and books about various bugs. Instead of wearing party hats, we wore antenna that I made. I was very happy with the way things turned out for the party.
The kids had a great time decorating their bug catcher boxes, watching bugs grow from little capsules and licking and sticking oreo cookies onto a giant ladybug.
Once again, Leah didn't like everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to her and began crying. Although, it could be because we turned out the lights momentarily. They both received some great gifts from family; which if very much appreciated!
I still find it hard to believe that they are two years old now. Here is a picture of them from when they were only a day or two old.
2 comments:
Wow! 2 years have flown by! Creative ideas! Looks like you had a great party!
You did an AWESOME job on the party momma! Good idea!
Post a Comment