We have had some issues with Leah going to sleep the last month and a half. She doesn't want to go to sleep in her bed and begs to either go back in the living room or our to our bed. One night when I was out of town, Greg had to deal with her for about an hour and a half-screaming, etc. I had to deal with her one night- she layed by the gate crying that she wanted to "go in Mommy and Daddy's bed" over and over. I ignored her sitting by Evan's bed and eventually you could hear just, "Mom....Da....bed" to where she was totally silent and fell asleep by the gate. Again, this was about a 45 min. ordeal. Last week, she was so tired and had no nap and we read our books, talked about our day, and sang our songs, etc. and she immediately started crying and wouldn't get into bed. So, we decided to take away her blankie again, she ran over to the gate to her door and just cried and cried. Sometimes she is down right scary-like she is possessed or something. I'm talking full body convulsions on the floor! After I stepped over the gate into the hallway and sat outside her room, she started to calm down and eventually ended up falling asleep with her chin propped over the bottom bar of the gate and her arms and legs straight out behind her. It looked so uncomfortable, but you better believe I didn't touch her or move her into her bed until I knew she was OUT! Sorry the video is a little hard to see.
Nighttime has been a little better with our sticker sheets where they can trade in a certain amount of stickers for a prize of some sort. They are at least staying in thier beds when going to bed now. (still having some issues of waking up at night. Last night was 2, 4, and 6am!)
.Hoping this all passes soon.
2 comments:
Sounds like they're getting you prepared for having an infant(s) again! Send them over to Aunt Jackie's for your b-day for an overnighter. No I haven't cleared this with Greg. :-)
Just what you need around your house....more kids :) :)
Post a Comment