The twins have had their potties for, gosh, it will be almost a year in Sept. After I got them, I thought-okay, I will give it a couple of months of using the potty and pull-up diapers and then I will go full force with potty training/having them try little undies. Well, that didn't ever happen.
With having twins in diapers/pull-ups and as much as they frequently filled those, we thought that we needed to nip this in the butt NOW and tackle the event of potty training once and for all. (gets a TAD pricey) I have been trying to get the kids excited/be more aware of what the potty is all about by getting some informational kid movies about using the potty and some books from the library and it seemed to help.
It's now day two in the event of potty training and Leah had only one accident and that was because I think she was just having too much fun playing and didn't realize she needed to go. Evan has had four or five accidents. We started a sticker chart for the kids and they are very excited to put stickers on it after they go. Luckily, the kids received some undies from their Great Aunt Connie awhile ago; which we were happy to have, but we needed more due to the frequent accidents, so we took the kids to the store today to pick out more. Evan chose Toy Story and Cars and Leah chose Tinkerbell/fairies. Greg was also a sweet Daddy and surprised the kids with Toy Story -the movie for doing such a good job on the potty.
This afternoon, Evan was determined to turn and wear his underwear around the opposite way so he could see his Toy Story character (which should go on the butt). THAT was a funny site!!
Funny little tid-bit about the potty training process-Leah came into the bathroom the other day and said, "Mommy, I need to go Cho-Cho." I asked where she had heard that (fully knowing who she had heard it from) and she replied, "Mia and Maddy" (which are her 3rd cousins-also twins). I asked her if she knew what it meant and she said, "Yeah, POOP!" {Cho-Cho is the Chinese word for poop}
No comments:
Post a Comment