“You are the strength, that keeps me walking. You are the hope, that keeps me trusting. You are the life, into my soul. You are my purpose, you’re everything.” -Lyrics from Lifehouse “Everything”
Friday, July 25, 2008
Fighting cold/getting teeth
Well, we have had our first "real cold." BOth kids have been sick this past week with croupy sounding coughs and sniffling/running noses. They have been on medicine this past week which has seemed to help Evan, but Leah is still fighting the cough and stuffy nose. However; yesterday I think I noticed Evan's first tooth coming in on the bottom. While my mom is out of town, I had my mother-in-law and my dad come over to help with the kids as I went to the chiropractor. I came home to a sniffling and VERY upset Evan. We all thought it was just his tooth coming in that was bothering him. As the night progressed his screaming got worse, he developed a slight fever and would't sleep. All, as I have heard from others, signs of teething. Well, I think Greg and I got 4 hours of sleep due to Evan waking up and screaming in pain and then waking up Leah. This morning, both kids were awake at 7 am. So, I fed them their bottles (only giving Evan 4 oz. to where he normally gets 7 oz.) He didn't really want the bottle, so I tried cereal. He ate a couple of spoonfuls and then fussed, so I held him. Greg came in to take over while I attended to Leah. Evan ended up throwing-up on Greg 3 seperate times, making Greg take another shower and change of clothes before he headed off to work. Evan seemed to calm down a bit after that and ended up falling asleep for about a 1/2 hour and then I ended up waking him up to take him to the doctor's office. Turns out, his right ear is inflammed and he is on some antibotics. Poor buddy! I hope he feels better soon. We go out of town on Monday for 4 days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment