This weekend, Leah and Evan went to their first wedding. My (Alicia) cousin, Adam, got married to Lindsey on Saturday. We had a fun time at the wedding and enjoyed watching the kids' reactions to new scenery and various items on the tables. Who knew that after buying/receiving all these expensive toys; all I need is some plastic spoons, netting and napkin ring holders! Leah got ahold of ALL these items on our table.
Greg decided to make the napkin ring holders her earrings and Papa Billington decided to give her a veil with the netting. I would also like to say that our kid is a genius.....she used the plastic spoon and scraped the table like she was getting food and then she would put it in her mouth. It was funny. Evan did okay at the wedding. He was soooo tired and fell asleep before we left. The kids actually went straight to bed when we got home (10ish) and didn't wake up until 5:30 am. That was a great stretch of sleep for Greg and I! My mom told me today that my dad kept a couple of party favors (little glass slippers that were filled with candy) for his "Pretty Princess."
On Sunday, we decided to take the kids to church for the first time. They are getting Baptized on Father's Day and we wanted to see how they would behave at church. We decided to go ahead and try the nursery this time. This is the first time I have left them with strangers (really anyone besides my parents/Greg's parents). I was worried all throughout the service how things were going. Greg's dad actually ended up being an usher for the morning service and we got word that he just couldn't help peeking in the nursery to see how they were doing. Speaking of the nursery....the staff is very nice (two of the helpers were about 15ish and twins themselves, so they immediately took to Evan and Leah when we brought them in). HOWEVER....there was a little kink in our day because of the nursery and how attentive the staff was to our kids. (Side note....I packed the diaper bag with 4 things of formula, two bottles, a thing of vegetables and a thing of fruit because we were going over to my old neighbor's new house for a luncheon right after church). Well, as we picked up the kids, the nursery attendant said, "Your kids were GREAT. No problems at all. They had their diapers changed and both have full bellies!" Now, I thought to myself......full bellies? (We fed them before we left for church- around 7:30.) However, I didn't say anything. By the time we get out to the car, the lady was running out to us with one of our toys in hand and I had just finished telling Greg that I had a hunch they fed them a bottle. So, he asked. "Oh yeah, I think 4 or 6 ounces is what we fed them in the nursery. Another lady is really good with making bottles and I think she guessed 6 oz." Greg smiled and left it at that. OKAY.....SO THAT MEANS OUR BABIES GOT 13 OZ. IN THE LAST 2-2 1/2 HOURS! Thank goodness she didn't give them the fruit and veg. She said Evan didn't finish his bottle, but Leah did (go figure!) I can't believe they had that much to eat. Their schedule of eating for the rest of the day was a little off, but we got back on track.
Well, tomorrow is their 7 month birthday. I am sure I will have pictures to post from the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment