I am writing this blog entry in hopes that people will say a little prayer for me. I enrolled the kids in a Parent's Day Out program at a local church on Tuesdays from 9-3pm. Last week was suppose to be their first day of "school," but Evan had a fever from that Sunday till Wed. and ended up having an ear infection, so I couldn't take them. So tomorrow will be their first day. I am nervous as all get out because I for some reason feel bad taking them there. I know this is a good thing for them to get out and experience and a good thing for me as well, but I am really struggling with the fact that they will be there....crying. So much to adjust to in a day: new people, no blankie when you want it, no paci (which they are definitely getting better at with just naps and car), no mommy, no snacks.
I keep telling myself at least they have each other to be with, but this is the longest they will have gone without someone other than family (or an hour at the gym; which doesn't always go so well either) watching them for an extended period of time. I do have my day set to be with two friends in the morning and then a doctor's appt. in the afternoon, but I know all day I will worry.
So, please send your prayers! I will post with an update of their first day tomorrow.
1 comment:
I will pray and think good thoughts for you. I know it will be really hard. Try to enjoy your day, though! :)
Post a Comment