Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's POTTY Time

I bought the kids potty chairs about a month ago and have been letting them "use the potty" when they want to. No pressure. At first, we only bought one and let me tell you with two little people wanting to sit on the little potty at the same time, I learned quickly that they needed their own. So, for the past month we have sat on the potty, made faces and some noises on the potty, but nothing has emptied into the potty, until today. Leah went #1 on the potty two times today. She told me she had to go potty, so I let her and went in her room to get some clothes and a new diaper, thinking, "she's not going to go. I won't miss the first "pee pee on the potty experience." Well, I did. She came running in her bedroom telling me she "pee peed." She was so excited and I could tell after I jumped up and down, clapped, etc. that Evan was bummed that he had nothing in his potty. That poor little boy sat their grunting till his face was bright red trying to make something come out. It told him his time will come and I will be just as excited for him. Leah ran to tell Greg and then proceeded to tell him, "Pee pee...Bubby (which is what she sometimes calls Evan) Bubby noooooo." Like she was rubbing it in. :)
Anyway, if I could transition just one out of diapers within the next couple of months, I will be a happy mommy!
This picture was when we first got the potty chairs- so they have not been dirtied at this point when I took the picture!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

YAY!!! That's awesome! :)

D & B said...

Yay! Way to go Leah!!

jacngt said...

Woo hoo! The end of diapers is near. For these two anyway. ;-)