Monday, February 14, 2011

Yummy Cupcakes



My dear friend Lindsey and her daughter, Olivia, met Evan, Leah and myself at Jilly's Cupcake Bar & Cafe off of Delmar. I have never been there before, but heard great things about their cupcakes. They also have lunch and a brunch that I will definitely see about trying. There was a consistent line almost out the door while we were there.


I started to take a bite of my cupcake and realized that even though the sign said, "white cake" and I also told the girl I wasn't a huge chocolate fan, that the cupcake I got with the chocolate shavings on top also had chocolate cake. So, when I went back up to ask about it all, the girl said I could pick out a different one and just keep the one she had given to me previously. So, in the picture above, the chocolate one was my first cupcake. Most of their cupcakes are filled with chocolate or a fruit filling of somesort. These cupcakes are HUGE! Little on the pricey side for a cupcake, but they do have cheaper ones that are not filled that are just as delicious.

I let the kids eat their cupcakes and I saved the cupcakes for Greg and I for home. We actually ended up splitting them both and to my surprise, I liked the chocolate one just as much!
Evan and Leah took about 3 days to nibble on their cupcakes. ;)






No comments: