The cutting of the pacifiers
Leah's initial reaction
Evan saying, "Uh-oh. I don't like it!"
"I want a new one!"
"NOOOOOOO!"So long, farewell to the "bop-bops" (A.K.A.-pacifiers). We wanted to do this back in December, but Leah ended up getting bronchitis when we wanted to take them away. I definitely didn't want to do that when she was sick. So, Greg decided that after our fishing trip, it was time! Thurs. night was our first night for getting rid of them and we thought it would be a good time since we had a long drive home from vacation/fishing and we took them to the park before bedtime to tire them out. They were tired and while we were reading books to them and putting on their jammies, they asked for their "Bop-bops." I went ahead and gave the pacifiers to them and waited for their reactions. I totally thought they would ask to go to the store and buy them a new one. They both said, "Uh-oh", "I don't like it!" and "I want a new one." We told them that the fish ate their pacifiers when we were in Bennett. They bought it. Although, they did ask for the other pacifiers I had had in the cabinet. Luckily I removed them earlier in the day expecting that they would want to see for themselves that they were indeed gone. I told them that those particular pacifiers were given to babies at the hospital so they wouldn't be sad. That also seemed to work. So, after about 20 minutes of crying (luckily not a full-blown temper tantrum as expected), they quieted down and were asleep.
Day #2 coming....
No comments:
Post a Comment